All-in-One Mince Pot
2 teaspoons canola oil or avocado oil
1 red onion finely chopped
5 ml or 1 teaspoon garlic
500g extra-lean beef mince
2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste (no added salt)
½ cup water
Boiled rice (basmati or brown rice)
1 red pepper chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 avocado, diced
Pinch of salt
Coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat, add the onions and stir occasionally, for 5 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the mince, breaking up with a wooden spoon until brown.
- Add the tomato and tomato paste and water and bring to simmer.
- Add rice, red and green peppers andv reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Place in a bowl and top with diced avocado and coriander leaves.